Friday 30 October 2009

Special Beans


Weird post, but who cares, you'll thank me for this one day. 

My housemate of 4 years got me eating many things I didn't eat before she forced them down my neck age 22... (I was still in student food mode when I met her)... silly things like courgettes, peppers etc... basically anything that was remotely good for me. But the best thing she ever came up with, was immediately named "Special Beans". 

Don't laugh. Because you're about to wonder where this has been your whole life. It's the most simple trick ever but it will change your bean world. You thought Heinz baked beans were good? Special Beans are better, and all you need is some butter and pepper. Go on, try it. But use proper pepper, not that powdery crap. Then wack a blob of butter in the middle and stir it up. Butter... not marge. At the very least, use 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' (sometimes I actually can't), but that's as far away as you can go. 

I don't think I need to say anything else... you can judge for yourself. But I bet you'll never have regular beans again. That's it really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment